I am currently working on a series of projects that span the economics-security nexus, historical memory in Northeast Asia, and the history of Chinese foreign and economic policy.
The economics-security nexus
- Amy King, 'China's Economic Nationalists: From Bretton Woods to Bandung', working paper presented at the International Political Economy of East Asia Series, University of Oxford China Centre & St Antony's College, Oxford, 26 January 2016. Podcast here.
- Unpacking the Economic-Security Nexus in Asia: New Concepts, Questions and Research Approaches, research workshop convened with Evelyn Goh, and funded by the ANU Research School of Asia and the Pacific, 1 October 2015.
- Shiro Armstrong & Amy King, 'The economics-security nexus and China’s rare earth metal exports to Japan' (working paper).
Historical memory in Northeast Asia
- Amy King, 'Negotiating Northeast Asia's Memory Contests: Taiwan between China and Japan' (working paper).
The history of Chinese foreign and economic policy
- Amy King, 'China's external economic relations during the Mao era' (working paper).
- Amy King & Sherzod Muminov, 'Dealing with the "Enemy": Overseas Japanese in the Soviet Union and People’s Republic of China, 1945-1956' (working paper).